Call for Artists: 2018 International Festival Cultural Perspectives
‘Our Lives: A Universal Experience’ Art Exhibit
June 28-August 4, 2018
- How does the piece portray an emotion or behavior that we share as humans?
- Is your personal heritage reflected in the art? If so, how?
- Does your work convey a personal memory, story, or event? If so, please elaborate.
Submissions must include question responses and photo(s) of titled work(s). Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Artists are asked to list medium, dimensions, and if for sale (including dollar value). The Ames Center will collect a 25 percent commission from sale proceeds.
The exhibit will feature two-dimensional art of any medium, freestanding, or pedestal-mounted three-dimensional work, including sculptures, textiles, and photographs. Ames Center provides wall hardware for hanging pieces, level tool, measuring tape, and lighting to best showcase art.
- Deadline for art submission: Wednesday, May 30
- Selection decision notification: by Friday, June 8
- Hang/position artwork at Ames Center: Tuesday, June 26, or Wednesday, June 27, 1-5 p.m.
- Artists’ Reception: Thursday, July 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m. (Free admission and appetizers)
- Free Exhibit: Saturday, July 21, 3:30-6 p.m.
- Remove artwork: Monday, August 6, 1-5 p.m.
Text questions about your art display to 612-308-9038.