2017 IFB Cultural Perspectives: “A Global Family” Art Exhibit
June 29-August 5
Ames Center Art Gallery
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Submit your response(s) and photo(s) of titled work(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, MAY 30.
International Festival of Burnsville (IFB) and Ames Center seek artwork to display at the 7th annual IFB Cultural Perspectives art exhibition. This year’s theme, A GLOBAL FAMILY, calls for artists to depict family, community, or cultural connections, at home or across the globe. Use the art piece(s) to relay a cultural craft, tradition or value, whether symbolic or realistic in nature.
Artwork for this exhibit visually demonstrates the artist’s answer to any or all of these questions: How does the art piece suggest how humans are connected as family or community? Are you keeping your personal heritage alive with this depiction? Does your work convey a memory, personal story or event? To display artwork in the Ames Center gallery, submit your response(s) and photo(s) of titled work(s) to email@example.com by Tuesday, MAY 30. Include your choice of medium, dimensions, and if for sale, also list dollar value. For other questions about dispaying art, text 612-308-9038.
The exhibit features two-dimensional art of any media, freestanding or pedestal-mounted three-dimensional work, including sculptures, textiles and photographs. Artwork selection is based on relevance to the theme, and artistic excellence noted during a panel review. Ames Center provides wall hardware for hanging art pieces, level tool, measuring tape, and lighting to best display your art.
- 2017 submission deadline: Tuesday, May 30
- Selection decision notification by Friday, June 9
- Hang/position your artwork at Ames Center on Tuesday, June 27 (9am-5pm) OR on Wednesday, June 28 (9am-5pm) at 12500 Nicollet Avenue, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Artists sign an insurance disclaimer while on-site. If you decide to sell artwork, Ames Center collects a 25% commission and forwards remaining proceeds to artist upon sale. With other gallery questions, contact Kelsey Covart at 952-895-4679
- Exhibit Dates: June 29 – August 5, 2017; no admission fee
- Artists Opening Night Reception: July 13, 2017 (6:30–7:30pm); free and open to the public
- Remove Artwork on Monday, August 7, 2017 (9am–5pm)
- Ames Center art gallery is open to the public 3:30-6pm during International Festival of Burnsville on Saturday, July 15
- Exhibit possible with an MRAC grant & support from MN taxpayers via the Clean Water, Land & Legacy Act –thank you!