2023 IFB Cultural Perspectives: “Make Time for Art”
July 12-August 27
CALL FOR ARTISTS
International Festival of Burnsville (IFB) and Ames Center seek artworks to display at the 12th annual IFB Cultural Perspectives art exhibition: MAKE TIME FOR ART. Make Time for Art depicts connections to each other, at home or across the globe, and timelessly reflected in cultural values & traditions. IFB’s exhibit features two-dimensional art of any medium; freestanding or pedestal mounted three-dimensional work including sculptures, textiles; framed or on-canvas photographs (preferably no less than 16×20”). IFB’s review panel encourages multiple submissions.
The exhibition is free and open to the public in the Ames Center Art Gallery July 12-August 27 (Wednesdays noon-5pm, Fridays noon-5pm, and Saturdays 10am-2pm). In addition the gallery will be open July 15 during the International Festival of Burnsville until 6pm. Also, join an Artists Reception on Thursday, JULY 13, 6:30-7:30pm with free admission & appetizers.
By JUNE 12, 2023, participating artists submit a digital photo of completed work (or work in progress) and respond to the following questions to email@example.com.
- Choose title for EACH piece; identify medium, dimensions, and if for sale, include dollar value. Ames Center retains 25% of proceeds. Collections require only one set of responses:
- How do works reflect a connection to time: A present, past, or future experience; a typical or timeless moment, perhaps?
- How do pieces convey a cultural value, tradition, or connection to others?
- How do works affect emotion, behavior, and/or action?
- Ames Center provides wall hardware, hammer, ladder, leveling tool, and measuring tape for artist installation on Monday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 11 from 3-5pm.
- All artists must sign the Ames Center’s liability waiver.
- Subsequently remove art on Monday, August 28 by 5pm and countersign the waiver with pickup.