2022 IFB Cultural Perspectives: “Art Brightens Our World”
June 22-July 23
CALL FOR ARTISTS
International Festival of Burnsville (IFB) and Ames Center seek artworks to display at the 11th annual IFB Cultural Perspectives art exhibition: ART BRIGHTENS OUR WORLD. ART BRIGHTENS OUR WORLD depicts connections to each other, at home or across the globe, often brightly reflected in cultural values and traditions.
IFB’s exhibit features two-dimensional art of any medium; freestanding or pedestal mounted three-dimensional work including sculptures and textiles; framed or on-canvas photographs (preferably no less than 16×20”). IFB’s review panel encourages multiple submissions.
The exhibition is free and open to the public in the Ames Center Art Gallery June 22-July 23 (Wednesdays noon-5pm, Fridays noon-5pm, and Saturdays 10am-2pm). In addition the gallery will be open July 16 during the International Festival of Burnsville until 6pm. Also, join an Artists Reception on Thursday, JULY 14, 6:30-7:30pm with free admission & appetizers.
By JUNE 8, 2022, participating artists submit a digital photo of completed work (or work in progress) and respond to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose title for EACH piece; identify medium, dimensions, and if for sale, include dollar value. Ames Center retains 25% of proceeds. Collections require only one set of responses:
- How do works brighten or uplift your well-being or the well-bring of others?
- How do pieces convey a cultural value, tradition, or connection to each other?
- How do works affect emotion, behavior, and/or action?
- How do pieces relay a poignant memory, story, or event?
- Ames Center provides wall hardware, hammer, ladder, leveling tool, and measuring tape for artist installation on Monday, JUNE 20 from 3-5pm.
- All artists must sign the Ames Center’s liability waiver.
- Subsequently remove art on Monday, JULY 25 from 3-5pm.